Sunday 30 May 2010

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun

Tomorrow I am off on my jollies. Five days exploring the cultural hub of Berlin. I can’t wait – lots of art for me and history for Him Indoors. By five o’clock on Friday evening I’d got to the point of wanting to murder anyone who dared email me and desperately needed to get away from it all. I wanted a change of scene and a break from the drudgery of my usual nine to five existence. It hadn’t come too soon.
Having said that, even though I am still in my little shoe-box in London, I am feeling much better already. In fact I’ve just had a rather lovely girly weekend. Okay, so it rained yesterday and all I did was potter about at home, but today I went to Greenwich to have a mooch around the market and paint a pot. Yes really. It was all very nice, slapping a bit of paint on a vase and nattering about life, love and everything with one of my girlfriends. Very appropriate considering on Friday night said girlfriend and I went to see SATC2 (she won tickets!) followed by a couple of cosmos. Carrie Bradshaw, eat your heart out.
So yes, lots of lovely girliness. Thinking about it, I really need to catch up with my girls more often. Okay, so I chat to them all the time on the phone and facebook them nearly every day, but actually spending quality time doing nothing but having frivolous fun? Okay, so on Tuesday I met some amazing women at one of “the groups” and the week before it was the ladies book club, but thinking about it, the last time I spent some serious time doing something really girly? I’ve just checked my diary – well over a month ago. This is not good enough.
So, today I am going to make a promise to myself. At least say, once a fortnight, I am going to get together with one of the girls and eat cake, watch Jonny Depp movies, do our nails, drink cocktails, read glossies… it doesn’t matter what really, as long as it isn’t too taxing on the brain or the body.
The housework can wait. The novel will keep. Ladies, it’s time to get busy doing nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment